Knight’s, we are so excited to start another great year. Welcome Back to School! Students please take a moment and read our school policies located on the folder you got at registration or on our web-site. This will help answer questions you might have—especially about our dress code. Please try to follow our dress code to avoid uncomfortable situations during the year. Take a minute to get familiar with our website. Also get involved, look around at all the possible things you could do while you’re here at North Ogden Junior.
The Custodians have been working hard to have the building ready for your return. We hope you notice all the hard work and time that has been spent bringing the building to such a high standard. Please help us keep it nice.
For your information the architects are working on the design of our remodel, the Cafeteria, Old Gym Area, and New Gym. We hope to be breaking ground in early December.
Did you know you can get texts with school information? The NOJH PTSA provides general information, such as late start reminders, via a texting service called Remind101. It’s easy to sign up! From your phone: enter (385)282-4100 then text @mrpts.
Please feel free to call the school if you have any questions at 801.452.4800.
Let’s have an amazing year here at North Ogden Junior High, GO Knights!
North Ogden Junior High School
The Dress Code
Appropriate dress is important to the educational performance and attitude of the students. Students are expected to maintain dress and appearance that is modest and not distracting to students or teachers, and is not distracting to the educational process of the school. When a student’s appearance is distracting, disruptive, immodest, or is felt to be detrimental to the educational process, reasonable and appropriate action will be taken. The following expectations/standards will be followed:
- School clothing must be modest.
- Shirts, tops, and dresses must have a minimum of a cap sleeve, even if covered by sheer or see-through clothing.
- No low-cut fronts, bare backs, or bare midriffs (when elbows are raised to shoulder height) even if covered by sheer, knitted or see-through clothing.
- Shorts or skirts must be at least mid-thigh length from the knee. (Discretion of the school officials)
- Underwear must not be visible or exposed at anytime.
- Pants, etc. must be worn at the natural hip/waistline. No sagging pants. No pajama pants or sleepwear, including slippers.
- Holes in pants above the fingertip line or in excess (at the discrimination of the principal) will not be permitted.
- Headwear will not be permitted – including but not limited to hats, caps, scarves, bandanas, etc.
- Clothing will not be permitted that is sexually provocative, mutilated, displays offensive language or slogans advertising or displaying any substances a student cannot legally possess, or is gang-related.
- No potentially dangerous apparel items, such as chains, spiked clothing or spiked accessories, etc.
- Hair should be well groomed and not distract from the educational process. Style and/or color should not be a distraction to others and disruptive to the learning environment. We suggest natural styles and tones (color) be used as a guideline for the student’s hair.
- State Health Law requires that shoes be worn in the school at all times. (No slippers)